The World’s Strangest Contortionist

Among the strange people of the world,  Zlata discovered she had a remarkable talent at four . The Russian-born former gymnast, 24, is one of the world’s most extreme contortionists, and as you can see from this odd photo, one of the most beautiful.



At 5ft 9ins and slender, Zlata spends many hours daily working out and training for performances  world-wide.
In one of her favourite acts she bends herself backwards at a perfect 90 degree angle – virtually becoming a human pretzel, so the back of her hands touch her heels.

It is easy for her to pull her legs up behind her and hook them over her shoulders to land on the floor beside her hands.   She can even squeeze herself into boxes just 50cms cubed in volume.

Zlata casually said: ‘Doing these poses just feels very natural to me. Sometimes it can get a bit uncomfortable if I have to hold a pose for a long time in photo shoots.

‘But I think that’s like anyone who sits down for a long time – their muscles get stiff.

‘I don’t really diet but I have to train very hard to keep my muscles in shape and to be as flexible as possible.’.
via:1

No comments: